Mambya Dance Company
Mambya Dance Company was established in 2013 by Oscar to give young people in Uganda a platform to express and communicate their thoughts and ideas relevant to their respective lives through the performing arts. The Company creates different pieces which deal with social and political themes. The dances range from contemporary dance to hip-hop dances with the vibrancy of african traditional dance. The company has 15 professional Dancers and 5 professional Musicians, but they like to work also with more Dancers and Musicians.
The Dance Company is also interested in more exchanges and workshops with dancers and choreographers all over the world to get and give new experiences.
Main objectives for the Company:
- To engage in activities of informing, educating and creating awareness of Art involving Music, Dance and Drummer.
- To promote Art as a talent that involves Music, Dance and Drummers among the youth and young people.
- To start up a Dance School and Performing Art Centre.
- To improve the quality of rural youth, school drop outs and those who cannot afford school, but have a talent of Art that involve either Music, Dance or Drummer.
- To provide counseling to children especially orphans, disabled adolescents discover the talent of Music, Dance and Drummer.
- To empower youth in improving their economic status through generating income from Music, Dance and Drummer that can enable them meet the standarts of living .
- To offer professional advice as regards Music, Dance and Drummer.
- To create Jobs to the youth and young people, who train in different fields of Music, Dance and Dummer.
- To establish an association that can empower and give a platform to young African Community to raise their voices or to speak out to the public hence changing their lives.